Electronics Product Development Team Leader
REPORTS TO: Engineering Manager
LIAISON WITH: Sales, Customers, Suppliers, Quality, Materials, Production
BMAC Ltd is a medium size lighting manufacturer to road and rail transportation. Our products can be found throughout the UK and European transport networks. The company’s history stretches back almost a century over which it has been a dominant supplier to the public transport manufacturers. In more recent times BMAC has become a part of the Methode group of companies with ambitious plans to grow BMAC into more international markets and also develop new products. These products will not be restricted to lighting and will add technologies for the next generation of EV public transport vehicles. We plan to grow our team of skilled engineers to meet these challenges.
A position exists for a team leader with a strong background in electronic product development with leadership skills. Reporting to the engineering Manager who will act as mentor and specialist in compliance and legacy products. You will joining a small engineering team responsible for the design and support of lighting and lighting related products for road and rail transportation. Developing new concepts and ideas for customer quotations and internal product development will be an essential part of the job requiring creativity and ingenuity. The role will interface and cooperate with sales, materials/procurement, manufacturing, and quality therefore will require an individual with good interpersonal and communication skills. A formal electronics qualification and demonstrable practical experience, with a track record of successful electronic designs are essential. All products are inherently electro-mechanical so a good appreciation of mechanical design principals will be helpful. Any experience in lighting or road/rail electromechanical products would be advantages. Managing team priorities and workload to ensure effective delivery to project deadlines will form part of the duties. This will involve planning own work and that of two other mechanical engineers.
The main duties of the position are:
- As the principal electronics engineer you will be able to design robust analogue and digital circuits.
- Competent with PCB layout. Considering manufacturability and EMC design practices.
- Competent with microcontrollers and programming in C. Typically Microchip and Atmel.
- Develop, maintain, and improve LED drivers, power supplies and control systems for lighting and related products.
- Produce detailed Bills of Materials for products.
- Produce product documentation.
- Maintain existing product designs and documentation when changes are required.
- Provide technical assistance to Customers as required.
- Liaison with test houses to plan and execute required “Type Testing” of products.
- Liaison with Far Eastern design and manufacturing partners.
- Coordinate the engineering team and its priorities according to project requirements.
- Work with the engineering manager to deliver robust product designs.
The successful individual will possess the following attributes:
- Attention to detail.
- Creative in developing new concepts.
- Good organisation and planning details.
- Able to work quickly with accuracy.
- Good communication skills.
- A resourceful problem solver.
- A flexible approach, willing to learn new skills and techniques.
- Able to organise and plan team priorities.
- Must be able to support and guide the team.
- A positive approach looking for solutions.
- Tidy and organised in the work environment.
- Able to work independently and make decisions.
In return we will offer a competitive salary and an opportunity for career development in the future.